Friday, April 16, 2010

Cucumber Salad


I'm not on weight watcher's so I don't know anything about the points involved but I'm a vegetarian always on the look out for stuff that I can eat as a main course and serve as a good side dish to my husband's slab of meat for the night. I love taking this on picnics.

Cucumber Salad
Ingredients
         1 medium cucumber, chopped
         1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
         1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained and sliced
         1 green bell pepper, chopped
         1 red bell pepper, chopped
         2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
         1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
         1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
         1/2 teaspoon cumin
         1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro   (I use fresh)
         1/4 teaspoon salt
         1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions
In a large bowl, toss together the cucumber, corn, tomatoes, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and red wine vinegar. Season with crushed red pepper flakes, garlic, cumin, cilantro, salt, and black pepper. Cover, and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving (1 cup) Calories: 75 | Total Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg

1 comment:

  1. YUM! Thanks for sharing. When I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago I made something like this but with beans at least once a week. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete